Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pocket Diaper Reviews ~ Kawaii

I have a kawaii simply because it was a free diaper with purchase on Kelly's Closet. To be honest, I wasn't thrilled with the idea of kawaii because I hadn't heard great things about them, but I also wasn't looking to place a huge order, so I figured, why not. When I received the diaper, I laughed. I told my husband that it would probably fit a 5 year old. Unfortunately, I don't have a five year old to test that theory on, but it is a huge diaper and if you have big babies, this might be the answer for you.

Kawaii diapers are a pul outer with a microfleece inner pocket diaper. They are one size with three rows of rise snaps across the front, hip snaps and a single row of snaps at the waist with crossover. They come with 2 large microfiber inserts. One thing that I am not a fan of is that the waist snaps skip a snap between fasteners. To me, this means it is slightly less adjustable than diapers that snap to directly adjacent snaps. The materials are good quality and feel almost heavy duty.

The Good:

1. Good quality materials that hold up over time.

2. Price. At around $7/diaper, these are definitely a cheaper alternative to other major brands.

3. Can fit older babies. Most one size diapers max out at somewhere around 35 lbs. If your baby isn't ready for potty training by then, these are a good (and inexpensive) option.

4. Possible overnight option. For those of us not wanting to go the fitted + wool route for overnight, this pocket holds up pretty well with the right insert combination.

The Bad:

1. Bulky. They look like they could fit a five year old, so on a small baby, they are insanely bulky. It is the only cloth diaper I have had difficulty getting clothes over.

2. They don't seem to breathe well. My son always seems to get a heat rash in this diaper. The material is thick and I don't think much air gets through.

3. Snap configuration. Like I said earlier, I don't like the snap configuration. I feel that adjacent snapping provides a better fit.

Overall:
I can't say I love this diaper, but I'm not sure why. They aren't bad, they just seem like too much. They are thick, bulky and heavy. I don't think I will ever buy more, even though the price is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment